Baabul is a 2006 Bollywood film, directed by Ravi Chopra. The movie stars Amitabh Bachchan, Hema Malini, Salman Khan, Rani Mukerji, John Abraham and Om Puri.
Balraj Kapoor (Amitabh Bachchan) is a rich buisnessman, happy and content with his world. He and his wife Shobhana (Hema Malini) have a son Avinash (Salman Khan). After many years of studying abroad, Avinash announces that he is returning home. Soon Malvika "Milli" Talwar (Rani Mukerji) enters his life. Love blossoms between them and they get married and are soon blessed with a son, Ansh. However tradegy strikes the family when Avinash is killed in an accident. The loss is too much for Milli and she slowly falls into depression.
Balraj seeks to bring happiness back into Milli's life and he gets into contact with Rajat (John Abraham). Rajat was Milli's friend and he secretly loved her but never told her. Balraj asks Rajat to marry Milli but he faces opposition from his traditional elder brother Balwant (Om Puri). Will Balraj succeed in uniting Rajat and Milli?
- Amitabh Bachchan ... Balraj Kapoor
- Hema Malini ... Shobhna Kapoor
- Salman Khan ... Avinash Kapoor
- Rani Mukerji ... Malvika Talwar/Kapoor (Milli)
- John Abraham ... Rajat Verma
- Om Puri ... Balwant Kapoor
- Rani Mukerji's role was initially offered to Kajol. Preity Zinta was also considered.
- Salman Khan will be singing a song for the film.
- The movie's music release was launched keeping the theme of a fashion show. Each star had a different designer. There were five top designers working for the film.
- The movie celebrates B. R. Chopra's 50 years in cinema.
- Rani Mukerji's last name in the movie is "Talwar", the same last name she had in Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006).