Ta Ra Rum Pum is a forthcoming film starring Saif Ali Khan and Rani Mukherjee in the lead roles. The film is directed by Siddharth Anand who earlier directed the 2005 hit Salaam Namaste. Shooting began in May 2006 and the film will release on 27 April 2007.
The film was mostly shot in the United States of America, with a few scenes shot in a studio in Mumbai.
The film is a modern love story set in the US. It deals with a family, consisting of father, mother and two children, Priya and Ranveer. When their father (Saif Ali Khan), a famous racer, has an accident, the perfect life of the family gets turned up-side-down.
Rajveer Singh (Saif Ali Khan) has a immense passion for driving and dreams of making it big on the racecourse. He is discovered by his manager Harry (Jaaved Jaffrey). In a sudden twist of fate he meets Radhika (Rani Mukherji) and instantly falls for her. He joins Speeding Saddles - a failing race team and transforms from Rajveer Singh to RV the race car driver. What started as a innocent love blossoms into a serious relationship for both Rajveer and Radhika. A few months later they marry and their family is complete with the birth of two children - Priya (Angelina Idnani) and Ranveer (Ali Haji). Luck follows him as RV and he is soon proclaimed the number one race car driver in the USA.
However tradegy strikes when RV is involved in an accident whilst racing and he is hospitalized for a few months. He tries to make a comeback but the trauma of the accident mentally scars him. After a string of failures, he is forced to auction his house and move with his family to a run-down Bronx-style neighborhood. RV and Radhika decide to hide the terrible truth from their children by saying that they are part of a reality televison show where they have to live a poor life in order to win a mythical grand prize. The family struggle with their new lifestyle but stick together by using a mixture of fantasy and cheerfulness to pull through. However an incident forces RV to make a decision and reclaim the life that was taken away from him...
- Saif Ali Khan as ...Adi
- Rani Mukherjee as ...Shona
- Victor Banerjee as ... Radhika's Father
- Shruti Seth as ... Sasha
- Harris Masood as... Jignesh
- The working title of the film was originally Don't Worry Be Happy.
- The title was originally Ta Ra Rum Pum Pum.
- The film re-unites Saif Ali Khan and Rani Mukherjee after the success of their last film Hum Tum (2004).
- Victor Banerjee will play Rani Mukherjee's father in movie.
- Abhishek Bachchan is rumoured to make a special appearance in the movie. This will be one of numerous cameos he's made for Yash Raj Films in the recent past.